I’ve been traveling a lot this year and thought I’d post wedding photography gear that I normally bring.
Bag: Think Tank International V2.0. I was little afraid about carrying this with me since I’ve never travel this before. It fitted overhead without any problem.
- Canon 5D Mark II : great for formal portraits, reception photo
- Canon 1D Mark III: fast, AF is fantastic
- Canon 17-40 4.0: for outdoor portrait. I usually overpower the sun with lighting and don’t need 2.8 at that point
- Canon 35 1.4 : stays 5D Mark II 90% of the time. very sharp, great image quality
- Canon 85 1.2: for lowlight ceremony
- Canon 70-200 2.8: stays 1D Mark III 90% of the time. can shoot journalistic style with this and that’s way it’s my favorite lens
- Canon 15 2.8 fisheye: maybe used 3-4 time but it’s great capturing the whole venue
- Canon 580 EX II (x2): one main, one for back up.
- Nikon SB 26 (x2): mainly use for reception dancing photos
- Elinchrom Quadra: great for outdoor portraits. It’s about 4 times brighter than 580 EX II
- Canon OC-E3: for off camera flash (just in case)
- Canon CP-E3: flash power pack for faster recycle time.
- Pocket wizards: Transceiver (x2), Mini TT1, Flex TT5 transceiver
Computer: Mac book pro
Also carry 2 light stands, umbrella,westcott apollo softbox in small tripod bag
Gear that I no longer use
- canon 24-70 2.8: too heavy
- canon 24-105: great focal length, image stabilization is great but I like prime lens a lot better for some reason
- canon 100 macro: it just too many lens to carry
- canon st-e2: never used
- flash bracket: never used
- gary fong lightsphere: I don’t know why I purchase this
These are all the gear I bring for wedding and I trust them to work 100% of time.